Friday, November 2, 2007

My easy,breezy,Indian chicken curry************************posted by Frasypoo








I love to cook and am always trying to find an easy way to do it.I miss home a lot and its then that I try duplicating recipes that my mom or grandmom used to make.

This is my grandmothers recipe and I have simplified it.I normally eyeball ingredients so I am trying to bring it down to where someone can understand it.


4 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces

2 cans Ro-Tel

1 tsp ginger-garlic paste

1 onion

Paprika or Indian kabab seasoning

1 tsp oil

1/2 tsp salt


In a blender,blend the onion and Ro-tel.

Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add the ginger-garlic paste till slightly brown

Add the rotel/onion mixture and cook over a low flame till you see the oil on the sides and water has evaporated.Add chicken pieces to the mixture along with salt.Add 1 cup water and let cook till chicken is done.Then add the paprika or Indian kabab seasoning.I normally add a dash of cilantro because I like the taste of it.

Your almost instant Indian chicken curry is ready!

Serve hot over rice

PS:the picture is not mine,I stumbled upon it!!!