Friday, April 18, 2008

Teriyaki Salmon

I have been trying to add fish to our diet. I did not grow up eating a lot of seafood. Most of my past experience was shrimp, fish sticks, catching fish when were camping and grilling it, and tuna casserole or tuna fish sandwiches. That would be it. I know it is good for you so I have purposely tried different recipes. The following was AWESOME!! I love anything with ginger in it. Yum! I uploaded a picture of our meal. Brown rice, salmon, and I sautéed some zucchini with onions and green pepper in olive oil. My children really liked it!! It is a family keeper. I will be making this again very soon!



INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup soy sauce (reduced sodium)
1 teaspoon ground mustard

1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Set aside 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Add salmon to remaining marinade; cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours, turning once. Drain and discard marinade. Place the salmon on a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade; turn and broil for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Brush with marinade.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2008 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 4/18/2008


Melanie